The buzz about making green buildings happen is around the corner and it is getting louder. Steel or metal buildings are becoming increasingly popular in the US and the best part is that they are used for residential and official purposes, beyond the traditional solution to storage problems. Quite naturally, the green (environment friendly) buildings have to be something more than just sustainable. They need to be visually appealing as well. So, steel building enthusiasts need to find ways that will make the buildings beautiful without compromising on the sustainability part.
Thankfully, there are a few easy steps that can be implemented in order to achieve the objective of making a steel building more appealing and structurally stable at the same time.
Compare Metal Building Prices and save up to 30%!
Are you interested in a rigid framed metal building or an arch style Quonset Hut?
Making Steel Building Sustainable:
- Foundation: Engineering and executing the foundation of steel buildings is important, especially when it comes to making a steel building resistant to natural calamities. Making the foundations resistant to sideway loads is helpful. Making the roof of light material along with the floor and walls, adds extra advantage in making the foundation resistant to natural calamities.
- Perfecting the points of connection between floors and frame: Making a steel building can be done by making the points of connection between floors and the mainframe robust. If the points of connection are not strong and full proof, then during natural calamities like earthquake, heavy wind or storm the sideway loads increase and the entire structure will be shaken.
- Reducing resonance frequency of the beams in the frame: Controlling and reducing resonance frequency of beams in the mainframe of a steel or metal building adds to the sustainability of the entire structure. Shaping the beams in a slightly bent way and then yielding them just a little bit near to the highest stress point can lessen the resonance frequency.
Adding More Beauty to Steel Structures:
The need for making a steel building, residential or commercial, to appear attractive is of increasing importance these days. While many designers and architects feel that sustainability and stylization cannot be combined, on the other hand, in the market several accessories are available, making the impossibility come true. Combining these accessories with metal building kits or metal garage kits will bring forth the desired visual charm. Here go a few simple steps that will make your steel structure appear more beautiful:
- Color combination: Painting the exterior walls of your steel building with different shades is a great way to make a steel building attractive. Color appeals the visual aesthetics of a person most strongly. Now, you are the best person to understand how the steel building or metal garage should appear to others. Accordingly, you should plan the color combination, so that the best results draw everyone’s attention.
- Modify the windows and doors: Modifying the doors and windows is an excellent way to make a steel structure visually appealing. Applying this strategy on a metal building available for sale and instant usage is highly recommended. In this way, you will save yourself from making any fundamental change to the building’s construction. Changing the windows and doors will also spare you from the pressure of spending a lot of money, required for altering the overall appearance of the house/structure.
- Change the roof structure: Whether you wish to add cubist, Gothic or modernist attributes to your steel building, changing the roof can actually make a lot happen in terms of altering the appearance of the building. However, your preferred roof won’t come along with the metal building or garage kits. You have to purchase them separately. There is nothing to worry, as these accessories are normally available at quite affordable price.
Apart from these above-mentioned measures, a few other methods are there that can successfully bring stabilization and sustainability attributes of steel buildings close to each other. However, these are more appropriate for internal decoration of steel buildings, compared to external part of the structure. At the same time, the discussion above also made it clear that beauty and sustainability can be brought together and the process to do so is neither extensive not costly.
Many expert architects are of opinion that sustainability and beauty cannot go hand in hand, especially when you are constructing a metal building. However, constant experiment in the field of adding more sustenance to a structure and introduction of accessories that help in customizing a steel building are making the fusion between beauty and stability happen. USSteelBuilders.com helps you to get in touch with those steel building contractors, who can help you to accomplish this complicated task at ease and in a cost-effective manner.